MAY 11, 2016 FWT BOARD MEETING MINUTES
PRESENT: S. Gnolek, C. Pratt, J. Boettcher, N. Platt, H. Harris, R. Happ, L. Yost, S. Padgett, A. Frank, D. Kuhn, D. Bilsback, J. Darling, S. Galbraith
FROM THE COMMUNITY: Mrs. Cleary and Nate Cleary
– Agenda: add Nate Cleary presentation
– Minutes, last meeting, approved
– Membership, no changes
-Treasurer’s report, attached
– Website inquiries
– spouses don’t get emails; Denise will fix
– trail adoption query; is there one? possibly the Bird Sanctuary; Denise will check to see if members
– owl box being donated; Norma will install
BOY SCOUT EAGLE PROJECT PRESENTATION, Nate Cleary
– kiosk at Finn Park; 2-sided. One for Finn family farm history, other for FWT info
– placement to be decided after checking with Parks/Rec
– June 4th to be installed
– $700 to $800 cost
– Trail committee
– May 14 first workday,Small Meadow reroute
– what tools does FWT have? Jeff will arrange for Andy to get them
– MOTION , Jeff – have a snack for workers; SECOND, John. PASSED.
– ALSO, May 14, fortify trail to Small Meadow to prevent herd trails.
– trail to Pellett is fairly good
– Baker Rd. fence line overgrown – too big a project for this day
– new Yellow Trail, FMCP. Add another workday in July or October possibly
– Scout Projects
– Finn Park tree planting done
– Eagle Scout kiosk, WR completed
– next, Red Trail bridge at WR
– Passports. Program not dead. New ones are in, Rec. Ctr. and Wegman’s
– Brochures. 2000 have been ordered.
– Chiyoda Trail. Material for wet spots has been ordered.
– Gunfire signs for FMCP. How many? 3: kiosk, bridge, firing range vicinity
– MOTION, Norma. SECOND, Craig. Purchase 3 signs. PASSED.
– Tree signs, FMCP. Should some be moved from Blue to Red Trail? Should we add
hemlock and cottonwood? DISCUSSION: don’t move. Get new ones. Perhaps at a
later date, put some in WR. Dennis will look into cost.
– Hickory Bark Trail Proposal Draft attached. DISCUSSION. Pro’s and con’s. Suggestions
made and noted on draft. MOTION, Jeff. SECOND, Craig. Table now. discuss FWT
involvement at next meeting. PASSED.
– Website status, testing, rollout plans. Board to look at what is there now and send
along suggestions and questions.
– Wellness Fair, 10/6/16. Yes on FWT involvement
– rusted plaque info turned in to Norma
– WRNP sign installed.
– trail brochure boxes; one on hand
– Hojack Trail steward, Ellen Mallery
– Webster Park mapping and blazing; no info
– First Responder update; no info
– Rails to Trails funds. “Left-over” funds from projects can be applied for. Perhaps for
Hojack Trail? Not this year.
– Pens and pencils. We are running out of pens. Should we order more? or, go to
pencils? Craig will check cost
– Community Arts Day, very good. Thanks to all who worked.
– Library Personnell hike, FMCP, May 22, 2pm. Dennis will lead.
– Webster Chamber of Commerce meeting. Jeff said well attended.
– Electronic Town Meeting. Shari reported – few questions
– Girl Scout hike, FMCP, 6pm. 5/11. Dennis
– Trail workday, May 14, 9am
– GLT 10 year celebration, 6/11
– Webster Trail Classic, 6/4
Meeting adjourned. Next meeting JUNE 13, 2016, WEB. REC. CTR.