Purpose: The intent of the Webster Adopt-a Trail program is to provide a structured opportunity for community organizations to participate in the care and maintenance of recreational trails in the Town of Webster.
Process: The following steps are envisioned:
- Organization/individual submits “Adopt-a-Trail Application” to FWT. (may or may not propose a trail/section for adoption)
- Trail committee assigns a trail steward
- Trail steward communicates/meets with applicant and reaches agreement for a maintenance plan for a trail/trail segment.
- Maintenance plan and Application are reviewed by the FWT Trail Committee and approved by the steward. Steward notifies Adopter’s responsible person (trail captain).
- Trail steward monitors trail maintenance and represents the Adopter’s renewal at the Trail Committee annual review of trails.